Unforgettably delicious and a great experience!No matter where you go in Taormina, your eye always catches a glimpse of the beautiful Etna volcano. Little wonder then, that one of the most famous local culinary specialities resembles the fiery mountain: Arancini rice balls. They are shaped like a volcanic cone, and the delicious filling puffs out steam when you cut off the top! What could accompany arancini better than a delicious volcanic wine packed with temperament and grown on Etna’s lava soil?
Your Food Hopping event is like a multi-course meal, where you experience a new location and taste a different food or drink speciality with each course - discover the secret hot spots of Taormina’s delightful cuisine, accompanied by amusing anecdotes!
Some highlights of your Food Hopping Tour Taormina:
- The Marchese della Real Casa Ayerbe d’Aragona welcomes you with a local treat at an idyllic spot, that once housed the stables of the more than 200-year old aristocratic family.
- We take you to the only place in town where freshly prepared arancini are made - so delicious that even the New York Times wrote about them. And boss Cristina herself shows you how to cook them to perfection.
- Of course, you will also enjoy the Sicilian national dish pasta alla Norma, home-made with premium organic ingredients because the two sisters who run this trattoria, which is situated slightly off the beaten track, harvest all their ingredients directly from mama’s field. The food is served with a Nero d’Avola, and once again we’ll say: Buon appetito!
- Discover the sweet side of life with chef Domenico and a treat he copied meticulously from his grandma’s recipe book 40 years ago. Only the name of this naughty indulgence got lost along the way - that’s what we call a real insider tip.
- At other stops, you’ll be spoiled by cheese specialities from a long-established family business, enjoy a tasting of unique volcanic wines, learn about the largely unknown cedro fruit, and much, much more...