Book now a walking food tour in Verona and discover the traditions and specialties of the city guided by a local expert. Delicious and entertaining! Verona is a fascinating northern Italian city with a rich history, visible in its remarkable monuments of roman, medieval and renaissance origin. This food and wine walking tour will lead you to discover the city and its history through the classic dishes of veronese or “scaligera” tradition (from the noble family of the Scaliger who were Lords of Verona), starting from the classic aperitif, passing by a taste of risottos and fresh pasta, to arrive to the great classics of Veronese cuisine, such as the polenta, pastissada, pansfoglia or horse meat stew and the veronese style cod fish.You will be in company of a special guide, a local foodie who will show you the best restaurants, tell you about their preparations and give you some information about the city and its history. You will be part of a small group so that your experience will be very pleasant and intimate!You will taste some of the following specialties in our Verona Food Tour (according to products availability):
- Wine and shots: the traditional Venetian aperitif with crostini and local products, and a glass of local wine inone of the oldest veronese taverns
- Bigoli: typical Veronese pasta very similar to spaghetti, seasoned with a typical recipe that combines nettle pesto and smoked ricotta. Try it in one of the oldest city taverns and travel to older times!
- Risotto all'Amarone: one of the typical specialties of the Veronese tradition that combines two of the local gastronomic excellences: the Vialone Nano rice and one of the most famous red wines in the world, the Amarone from Valpolicella region. You just can't miss it!
- Verona style cod fish: a recipe appreciated throughout the province of Verona that is not missing on the tables of Verona, served on a crispy slice of pansfoglia. Alternatively, you can also taste another of the main dishes of the Veronese cuisine: the "sfilacci di cavallo", a special recipe with which you can enjoy horse meat. Two unique dishes!
- The risino: a dessert from veronese tradition based on rice, which you will hardly find outside the walls of fair Verona.
- Ice cream: with flavors created with local and excellent ingredients, to finish the tour in the finest way.
Enjoy 5 top food stops in Verona for a rich and memorable dining experience, Try the best walking food tour in Verona, Eat like Locals while discovering the city
Bottled water, Lunch with at least one dish in each stop, Local guide
Gratuities (optional), Hotel pickup and drop-off